Vehicle Registration Application Guide - Vehicle - JPJ Portal
Vehicle Registration Application Guide
Registration Number Categories:
|a. Prime Value Numbers|
|b. Attractive Numbers|
|c. Popular Numbers|
Other registration numbers that were applied falls under this category.
|d. Current Numbers|
Current Numbers are registration numbers that does not fall in any of the above categories..
NOTE: All documents must be placed in an envelope with “TEMPAHAN NOMBOR PENDAFTARAN” clearly written outside the envelope and must be placed inside the provided reservation box.
Application to Reserve Registration Number through Bidding:
- Filled M.V. 10 form
- Service charge of RM10.00.
- Deposit of 50% from the bid price through bank draft/postal money made out to "Ketua Pengarah Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia".
- Notarised copy of applicant’s Identity Card (Individual / company).
- Copy of Company Registration Certificate (Form 9 or Form 13) and Form 49 that have been endorsed by Company Registrar / Secretary).
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
Application to Reserve Registration Number Through Booking:
- Filled M.V.10A form
- RM10 service fee payment slip.
- Copy of applicant’s identity card / passport.
- Copy of Company Registration Endorsement Certificate (Form 9 or Form 13) and Form 49 that have been endorsed by Company Registrar/Secretary or copy of Company Registration Certificate.
Application for Registration Number (Special Approval):
- Filled M.V.10B form
- Application letter.
- Copy of Applicant’s Identity Card/passport.
- Copy of Company Registration Endorsement Certificate (Form 9 or Form 13) and Form 49 that have been endorsed by Company Registrar/Secretary or copy of Company Registration Certificate).
NOTE: Successful applicants are not allowed to give/sell their registration number to another person except with special consideration from the State Director as in the case of transfer from mother/father to son, husband/wife/child and individual to a company where he is a member of the Board of Directors.
- A decision letter will be issued to all applicants, whether successful or not.
- For unsuccessful applicants, their bank draft / money order / postal order will be returned.
- The list of successful applicants and their corresponding registration numbers will be exhibited at the JPJ state / branch offering the registration numbers
- The successful applicant shall pay the full payment within 30 days from the date of the decision letter.
- Applicants who paid the fee shall register the number within three (3) months from the date of payment.
- If the successful applicants do not make full payment within the prescribed period or do not register the registration number offered within the specified period, the registration number can be withdrawn and offered to other interested applicants.
- Delaying registration is prohibited.
- The Registration Number Management Committee's decision is final.
The minimum reserved price for each registration number depends on the category it falls under, as per below:
- Prime Value Numbers RM10,000.
- Attractive Numbers RM 2,000.
- Popular Numbers RM 300.
- Current Numbers RM 300.
- Registration number reservation can be made at any JPJ State Offices. Place application envelope into the reservation box according to the State as displayed on the reservation boxes.
- Offer notice for registration numbers reservation for other states will be displayed at all JPJ State offices/branches.
- The reservation ends at 12.00 noon on the last day of the offer period.
- The RM 10 service charge can be paid at any JPJ State office/branch.